Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Grads

Hey friends!

I'd like to introduce you to a bunch of really awesome new friends and collegues here in Seattle. The MFA in Dance program takes three students a year and as a two year program, there are six of us.

Here's the class of 2009!

On the left is the beautiful and talented Jamie Hall and on the right, the beautiful and talented Catherine Cabeen.

Jamie has been on tour for the last year or so with Momix. I am completely in love with her as is the rest of the world! Catherine is the diva among us! Tall, blond, and fiercely talented. She has been working with Bill T. Jones for years as well as with the Martha Graham Company.

Here's Catherine doing something really special with her shoulder blades!

The other man in the program, Kent Lindemer! Kent has spent many years in Pilobilus. If you know their work, they're usually naked and stacked on top of one another. Kent was the anchor man for many years with the company. He and I are the contact improv guys. I'm so glad he's here! We're really enjoying our time dancing and hanging out together.




Here's Kent doing a physical demonstration of Chaos theory after a few beers at the pub.




Diana Garcia-Snyder, a wonderfully fun second year from Mexico.


With me on the right is Maria Anderson. She is my teaching partner this summer for Dance 101. Maria is a ballet dancer with big brain and powerful work ethic. She lives just around the corner from me on Capitol Hill. We eat cupcakes and rearrange furniture.



We are a formidable group of grads. Each unique with talents and experience. We share an office that we are working on the feng shui. There are no windows...so it's a challenge, but I'll post some photos of that project as it progresses.


So these are my wonderful colleagues with whom I share my day to day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home