Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Chakra Solo

Chakras are energy centers in that align with the spine. If you know about chakras, it might be fun to look for the gestures that go with of the seven centers in the dance video I've posted below. For each chakra, I've created a movement gesture and in this dance, I combine the gestures in an improvisational way.

The root chakra reaches toward the earth. The sacral chakra is the creativity/sexual chakra and is located at the sacrum. The solar plexus chakra is the door to our individuality. The heart chakra is where we hold love. The throat chakra is connected with our verbal communication, while the third eye chakra is our connection to intuition. The crown chakra located at the top of the head reaches skyward.

In between the gestures, I spin like a whirling dervish. The dervishes spin in order to align their chakras and I use it here as a way transitioning from one chakra to another. By creating and performing this dance I like to think I am giving my chakras a healthy workout.

Hope you enjoy it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home