Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Veil

The Veil is a dance is inspired by barriers; known and unknown, air and water, life and death.I am really excited to be present this video here on my blog for many reasons. This piece, created on and danced by Bates College students, is the result of an experiment. For me it's a breakthrough in my amateur understanding of technology, but the experimental nature had to do with changing the shape of the performance area so that it would imitate the sightlines of a camera. By designing the space in this way the dance happens within the single shot and no action is lost. Watching dance on video is never easy and I was inspired to create piece that might make the transition from stage to the internet. Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home