Monday, May 25, 2009

Louis Gervais In Performance


On Friday and Saturday, May 29 and 30, Louis Gervais in Performance with special guests Joan Laage, Joseph Schanbeck and Morgan Houghton.

Studio 267,
Meany Hall
University of Washington,
Seattle

8 p.m.
donations accepted

For this show, I'm going to try some new things. First of all, Joseph Schanbeck will perform one of my solos. This is the first time I've set one of my solos on another dancer and Joseph does it beautifully.

Another thing I'm going to try is to step into a sort of narrator role. Usually, I just do my thing without any explanation, but this time I'm going to share a little bit about my work as I perform.

Joseph and Morgan Houghton are going to perform a little duet that came from a composition class last quarter. It's a really sweet look at childhood friendship between boys.

Also! Joan Laage will be performing a solo in Red Square just before my show from 7:00 - 7:45. Joan is a Butoh performer extraordinaire! It will make for an exciting evening of dance.

Here's a little video of the opening piece called Evolution. It's my take on the challenges that face us as a species. Will we have the good fortune to continue to evolve or will be done in by the pollution and violence that threaten to stop us in our tracks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home